Monday, January 25, 2010

IPL and Pakistani Players - Controversy

Finally we have hit where it hurts most. Pakistan is simmering with pain and it gives me at least some comfort. The blow may not have come from our Indian government (Nor do I have any expectations from them) but at least some one has given them - intentionally or otherwise - what they deserved.

I know I must be sounding like a hawk, an uncivilized unfriendly person. After this incident, the self proclaimed moral police of this country - Press (TOI), NDTV etc - started often repeated chant of good relation with Pak, politics in sports blah blah blah. These were the same guys who a year back crusified Pakistan for their role in 26/11. Now they want peace, friendship etc etc.

Even there was a comment from ShahRukh Khan that we should have taken Pakistani players in IPL and we should treat them as good neighbors.

I fail to see any reason in these arguments. I just want to ask one question to these friendly and nice people - Is their attitude same in their private life? Will they call their neighbor "Friendly" if he has the habit of knocking their door and slapping their face very month or so. Will they go out for movies and music concerts with him even if he is a nuisance? How will they handle this in their private life? What will be their attitude towards this guy who after repeated talks, warnings has failed to mend his ways. I am sure it won't be what they preach in their editorials and news discussions.

Then why this moraly high stand for Pakistan? Because these guys are not directly involved in it. Their personal lives are unaffected by it. Because none of their near and dear one has ever faced a suicide attacker or a terrorists bullet. Because it happens to someone else in this billion people country called India. There are always two rules - one for India and one for themselves.

Pakistan can never-never be a friendly country. Not after what we have done to them in 1971.
Their whole politics and physic revolved around anti India sentiments.
So what happened to Pakistan in IPL was what it deserved. WE DON'T NEED TO BE APOLOGETIC ABOUT IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment